Tuesday, June 7, 2011
The stamps and ink are from Close To My Heart (CTMH), the flowers arePrima, with Stickles for the centers. For the "thank you" I stamped it in green ink and decided it wasn't popping enough, so I went over it in orange with a gel pen from Sakura. That was the perfect touch.
Monday, June 6, 2011
It was really great because I was also able to use up a bunch of paper that I REALLY didn't like.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
I've given you a flower by flower post, so now I thought you might like to see them all together. As I stated before, I am participating in three different swaps, but thankfully they all go to the same hostess.
Here are the Pinwheel (aka Accordian) Flowers:
Here are the embellished Primas:
Saturday, June 4, 2011
I felt like I needed more in my flower swap than just the vines I made, so I found some inspiration online. Unfortunately, I didn't have the Cricut cartridge I needed - Mother's Day Bouquet. :(
Necessity is the mother of invention though, so I pulled out my Gypsy and started searching for an appropriate flower. I was out of luck there as well. So I decided to just see what I could do with two of the flowers on the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.
Not too shabby right? I tried several techniques that just weren't what I wanted or took too long before I decided to wing it and figure it out as I went. These look NOTHING like my inspiration.
This picture shows the before and after of the flower. On the bottom row is the cut from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. The flowers were cut at 2", 1.75", and 1.5" My initial plan was to layer them butI was thrilled with how they turned out. I will attempt to explain how I created these flowers, but if you get lost I don't blame you. It is easier to show you what I did, but I don't do videos. Sorry.
First: I folded each flower at the point between each petal. Second: Using that fold as a starting point, I folded one petal slightly over the next petal and finger crimped to the center. I did this between each petal.
Third: carefully, because it is a bugger, cup the flower so the new folds fold correctly.
Fourth: add a generous dollop of tacky glue and a Skittle to the center.
I made a lot:
This is the set that each swap participant will receive: A close-up:
And the whole pile!
These were a lot of fun to make. They are very different from the other flowers I created. Tomorrow I will post pictures of each set for the flower swap.
Friday, June 3, 2011
This time I wanted something a little different.
Martha Stewart border punch
little Prima flowers
First: Start by using the Martha Stewart border punch to create this lovely border
Second: Trim away portion of the border, as you like, to create a floral vine
Third: Using the larger of the little Prima flowers, adhere to the punch on top of the flowers already there
Repeat with alternating colors
Fourth: using the smaller of the little Prima flowers, adhere them by layering them, again alternating colors
Finish by adhering small rhinestones to the centers
All five finished floral vines:
You can also use Stickles or Skittles or any other bling of your choice.
Since there were 6 flowers on each vine, this was going to be my third submission for the swap, but it just wasn't enough. Come back tomorrow to see what I made to go with this vine, and soon I'll post a picture of each finished flower set for the swap.