The content of my blog is COPYRIGHT Amy Sgro. Original work and photos are shared for your personal enjoyment and inspiration only. They may not be used for publication, submissions or contests. Do not represent my work as your own, nor use it to make items for sale.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Playing with More Flowers

I promised a follow-up post from the Floral Vines from yesterday.
I felt like I needed more in my flower swap than just the vines I made, so I found some inspiration online. Unfortunately, I didn't have the Cricut cartridge I needed - Mother's Day Bouquet. :(
Necessity is the mother of invention though, so I pulled out my Gypsy and started searching for an appropriate flower. I was out of luck there as well. So I decided to just see what I could do with two of the flowers on the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.

Not too shabby right? I tried several techniques that just weren't what I wanted or took too long before I decided to wing it and figure it out as I went. These look NOTHING like my inspiration.
This picture shows the before and after of the flower. On the bottom row is the cut from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. The flowers were cut at 2", 1.75", and 1.5" My initial plan was to layer them butI was thrilled with how they turned out. I will attempt to explain how I created these flowers, but if you get lost I don't blame you. It is easier to show you what I did, but I don't do videos. Sorry.

First: I folded each flower at the point between each petal. Second: Using that fold as a starting point, I folded one petal slightly over the next petal and finger crimped to the center. I did this between each petal.
Third: carefully, because it is a bugger, cup the flower so the new folds fold correctly.
Fourth: add a generous dollop of tacky glue and a Skittle to the center.

I made a lot:

Fifth: Using a Martha Stewart vine border punch, create several lengths of vines. Sixth: cut the vines into 2-3" lengths.

Seven: Using the Tacky glue again, attach the vine pieces to the back of each flower. Here are all of the drying:
And finished:

This is the set that each swap participant will receive: A close-up:
And the whole pile!
These were a lot of fun to make. They are very different from the other flowers I created. Tomorrow I will post pictures of each set for the flower swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment